There are several different types of Home Insurance available.

Buildings insurancetypically covering the structure of the building or anything attached to the building.

Contents insurance – covering the contents within your home.

Landlords insurancewhich is buildings insurance for a property you are renting out to someone else, this would be vital for a buy-to-let mortgage.

It is common practice to combine both buildings and contents insurance with the same provider, this would generally mean a lower premium.

As with all insurance products, there are many differences between policies. The differences are not always price, but also what the insurer will cover and for what value.

Here at emortgages, we understand how important it is to not only have your home and contents insured, but also to make sure you have the right policy. In an industry where the small print makes a big difference, we ensure our staff are fully aware of any clauses there may be in any policy and explain this fully to you before helping you choose the right policy for the right price.

Please note not all buy to let mortgages are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.